Allow blocked content in IE (for local testing)
If you see the message, just click the button "Allow blocked content" to get full featured Swimbi menu
. If you don't, click F5
to reload your page in Internet Explorer.
This message appears only with local files. When you publish the page online, your visitor will never see the warning.
Get rid of the message permanently
The best solution is to use another browser like Chrome or Firefox.
But if you for some strange
reason prefer IE, you can configure Internet Explorer to always allow active content.
Follow the steps below:
- Select Tools => Internet Options...
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down to the Security category and check the box "Allow active content to run in files on My Computer"
- Click OK to save new settings.
- Restart IE (it's Microsoft :))
* Restart browser to take effect - it's nice Microsoft tradition. But the message below the scrollable area can lead you even further - "Takes effect after you restart your computer"
This is not true. Just restart the browser.